Key West Day Trip
Famous for its sunsets and as the home of celebrities such as Hemingway, Key West has become an important tourist destination in the United States. Get to know it on this day trip!
Key West Day Trip Itinerary
We'll leave Miami early to hit the road to the Florida Keys. As well as being home to some of the most spectacular sunsets in the world, the area's different islands and bridges have been the scene of films such as "Bad Boys", "The Fast and the Furious", and "True Lies".
The journey to Key West takes about 4 hours, and during this time you can sleep, watch a film, or enjoy the impressive landscape passing by. Having reached Key West, regardless of the tour option you have picked, you'll have between 5 and 6 hours to enjoy the city and your activity, and by the end you're sure to understand why of all the places he lived, Hemingway called this one of his favourites.
View more information about what to do and what to see in Key West.
Key West Activity Options
When making your reservation, you'll have the option of a number of different activities to tailor your itinerary and make the most of your day trip to Key West:
- One-way transfer to Key West: Reserving this option, you'll enjoy a comfortable one-way transfer from Miami to the Key West, or vice versa. Once at your destination, you'll be able to explore the city at your own pace.
- Day trip to Key West: Enjoy return transfers between Miami and Key West and spend the day however you'd like, before making the journey back to Miami at approximately 9:30 pm.
- Day trip + Trolley tour: As well as a comfortable return bus trip between Miami and Key West, you'll enjoy a guided tour around your destination by trolleybus, a type of vintage tram that will allow you to discover the city's most important monuments.
- Day trip + Glass bottom boat cruise: Following your bus journey from Miami to Key West, you'll embark on a two-hour cruise around the Florida coastline in a glass-bottom boat, giving you dramatic views of the marine life in the crystal-clear waters. At the scheduled, time, you'll be taken back to Miami.
- Day trip + Snorkelling: This option includes return transport from Miami to Key West by comfortable bus, and also gives you the opportunity to snorkel in the sparkling turquoise waters around Florida (around one hour of snorkelling).
- Day trip + Parasailing: After travelling from Miami to Key West first thing in the morning, you'll have time to explore the city at your own pace, as well as experiencing one hour of parasailing, an unforgettable watersport that will have you "flying" over the sea. At the end of the day, you'll return to Miami.
None of the above options includes a guided tour of Key West.
This tour includes pickup between 6 and 7 am from the hotels on Collins Ave, from 5th Street to 71st Street.
If your hotel is not in this area or you prefer to make your own way to the meeting point, the tour will depart at 7:10 am from the Bayside Marketplace, located at 401 Biscayne Blvd.
If you choose the day trips, at the end of the activity we'll drop you off at one of the following locations in Miami: Collins Avenue or Washington Avenue.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English and Spanish.
Hotel pick up
Trolley tour (optional)
Glass bottom boat cruise (optional)
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Not wheelchair accessible.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code. Specifically, this activity applies the following practices: Show more
Printed material is avoided.
No single-use plastics are used.
No printing of documentation required.
Promotes local employment.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to bring a beach chair?
A - Yes, but this is not recommended, as you'll have to take it with you and it can't be taken on the boat used for the snorkelling activity.
Q - Are drinks included on the boat?
A - Yes, drinks are included.
Q - Is tipping mandatory?
A - Tipping is not mandatory, but a 15% tip is customary.
Q - Is there a refrigerator on the bus?
A - Yes, there is a refrigerator on the bus.
Q - Traveling with children?
A - Children under 1 year old travel free of charge, but are not assigned a seat, they must travel seated on their parents lap.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us .